As your Republican legislator, I’ve voted to cut taxes, streamline government, boost education investment, and protect our constitutional rights. In addition to those votes, I wanted to share with you ten bills I introduced and had signed into law, or added to the state budget, that make a real difference in Arizonans’ lives. Consider it my ‘Top Ten’ since being elected to public office:
- (SB1089, 2019) Telemedicine Coverage – expanded telemedicine coverage for all services reducing the number of physical trips into the doctor’s office.
- (HB2369, 2012) Electronic Medical Coverage – established the backbone of our electronic medical records system in Arizona which increased efficiency and transparency for patients.
- (SB1354, 2019) Doctor Shortage Package – secured money to remedy Arizona’s doctor shortage especially in rural communities.
- (HB2605, 2014) Suicide Prevention – first of its kind legislation allowing suicide awareness training for teachers as part of their continuing education requirement.
- (HB2191&2192, 2018) Veteran Tax Credits – enhanced the military family relief fund which provides direct financial support to veterans pre-and-post 9/11.
- (HB2488, 2015) Homelessness Crisis – provided housing assistance for the seriously mentally ill and continuing efforts to restore the Housing Trust Fund.
- (2018 Budget) Gifted Education – during the Great Recession gifted education funding was cut to zero. I fought to get $1 million restored for Arizona’s gifted students.
- (HB2374, 2017) School Funding – my bill laid the groundwork to fully restore the K-12 district additional assistance funding slashed during the Great Recession.
- (HB2085&2323, 2018) Student Health and Safety – implemented safety protocols for students with diabetes, allergies or asthma while on school grounds.
- (HB2133, 2017) Maricopa ReEntry Center – codified additional transparency and notification requirements for reentry centers so what happened in our community could NEVER happen again.
It is the highest honor to represent our state and our district. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or comments about my position on the issues.